Norwegian police say a man in custody has confessed to a bombing and shooting spree that killed 92 people. But Police Chief Sveinung Sponheim told reporters Sunday that the man, Anders Behring Breivik, does not accept criminal responsibility.
Sponheim said police had no other suspects for the worst massacre committed in Norway since World War Two, in which 97 people were also wounded. Several people also remain missing, which could raise the death toll.
A bombing in downtown Oslo killed seven on Friday. A shooting massacre on an island youth retreat killed 85 hours later. Divers have been searching the surrounding waters, and Sponheim said the missing may have drowned. Police earlier said there was still an unexploded device on the island, but it later turned out to be fake.
The attack followed the explosion of a bomb packed into a panel truck outside the building that houses the prime minister's office in Oslo, according to a police official. Seven people were killed, and police said there are still body parts in the building. The Oslo University hospital said it has so far received 11 wounded from the bombing and 19 people from the camp shooting.
Police have charged Breivik under Norway's terror law. He will be arraigned on Monday when a court decides whether police can continue to hold him as the investigation continues.